Thursday, July 19, 2012

Catching Up: Projects, Past and Present.

I don't think I ever shared photos of this shawl that I knit last year. This is the Lillia Hyrna Shawl from the Knitter's Book of Wool. Knit with my handspun Merino/Silk lace yarn. 
I spun a 978yd skein on my top whorl drop spindle and then set the completed skein aside for awhile until I decided what to make with it. My sister suggested this shawl, even though I had already made it. I had just enough yardage, and I absolutely LOVE it in the handspun yarn! It is so airy and delicate. 



Up close of the lace
A big thank you to my sister for taking these photos for me! We had a lovely photo shoot out in the woods.
Sund-dapples woods. 


High above, the hot summer sky.
Here are a few of my current in-progress and just finished spinning projects. 
I have been spinning up some samples of the merino roving that I dyed in May. I was planning on keeping most of it for my personal use, but now after some reflection I'll probably end up trying to sell it. That will be a first for me, I have always kept my handspun for my own use. It is such a luxury to knit with handspun!




I'm slowly working on spinning up my birthday fiber. It is a beautifully soft blend of Merino & Bamboo. I am spinning it super thin for a very fine lace-weight yarn. I am planning on making a shawl, though as of yet I have no idea what pattern I will use!


More merino roving being spun. 
What about you? What have you been working on this week, or this month? I would love to hear all about it! 


Have a blessed week, my friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Your little sisterJuly 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM

    You are most welcome! I love your pictures of the green-blue-white-orange yarn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.