Thursday, July 29, 2010

Free Fiesta Fingerless Mitt Pattern

I was a little undecided as to whether I should share this or not. But I am so excited about some of the possibilities opening up that I am going to go ahead with this free pattern.
As a note, when my etsy store opens up I will be selling the completed mitts, if anyone is interested. I know a lot of people out there like hand knits, but can not neccessarily make them.

For those of you who want to jump right in and make these, here is my Fiesta Mitt Pattern!








These mitts are knit up with my wild Fiesta Yarn, of which I still am not at liberty to talk much about. sorry. I'll quit mentioning it.
Notes: This pattern can be made 2 ways: with worsted weight yarn and size US 8 needles, Or with a dk weight yarn and size US 7 needles. I will write this up for dk, but also include the worsted options. Length measurements are the same for both. If something isn't clear please leave me a comment or email and I will try and explain.



Fiesta Mitt Pattern
Yarn: 80 yards Dk or Worsted weight yarn.
Needles: For DK mitts, size US 7 set of 4 dpn
For Wosted Mitts, size US 8 set of 4 dpn
For DK, looselycast on 28 stitches. For Worsted, loosely cast on 24 stitches. (Note: from here on out both patterns are the same)
Divide evenly on 3 dpn needles. Being careful not to twist stitches, join in the round. Work in a 2x2 rib (knit 2, purl 2) until piece measures 4 1/2 inches from the cast-on edge.
Next row: Bind off 2 stitches, finish row in 2x2 rib. Do NOT re-join in round yet. Wok back in forth in rows in a 2x2 rib as established for another inch. At end of last row, cast on 2 stitches and join in round.
Work another 3 inches in 2x2 rib.
Bind off loosely in rib.
And your fiesta mitts are complete! I hope you enjoy this pattern! I would LOVE to hear back from you what you thought of it. Also it would be neat to see pics on ravelry or your blogs. Thank you for trying my pattern!





5 comments:

  1. Love those! Thanks for the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the color of the yarn the pattern looks like I could do it so I will try thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot for your pattern

    my blog :http//entrelesmailles.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly Marie,
    thank you for using your talent to glorify The Lord! You made me smile :)
    Bufgatee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly
    Thank you for sharing your faith and this beautiful mitt pattern. I love your creations.
    Gladys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.