Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

I just though I would pop in with a quick update on my knitting progress in the last week. I did something to my toe last week, fractured or broke it, I'm not sure which. But to be on the safe side and give it a chance to heal I've been trying to keep my foot up as often as possible. I'm not sure how much it's helping, but it sure has been giving me more time to knit!

This is how far I have got in my "Bleeding Hearts Stole" It's about 14 inches or so I believe, and growing slowly.


I try not to check it's length very often, otherwise I feel like I am not getting anywhere!

I am definitely not going to have it done by the time I was hoping too. When I finally came to my senses and realized that, then I slowed down abit. No need to knit myself to exhaustion!

I started a pair of socks this past Friday. They are the "Pavo Slipper Socks" by Chrissy Gardiner, from Interweave Knits: Winter 2010, page 94.


It's a toe-up pattern, which was a first for me. I am not sure how I feel about it yet.... I still need to make the 2nd one. It's not that I DON'T like it, I just don't know if it's something I'd want to do on a regular basis. I don't have any problem with picking up stitches and doing the kitchener stitch on cuff-down socks.
But if you are wanting to try a toe-up sock, this is an easy one to start out with. It is made with worsted weight on US#4 dpn, so it is a thick, cushy sock.
Perfect for our house where the wood floors always seem to be cold. :) I want to make up a lot of handknit socks and slippers for next winter. I'll keep you posted on how that project goes.
I have a few spinning projects in the works but I'm not sure if I have any recent pictures, so we'll save that for next time. :)
Have a lovely week end, my dear friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.