Monday, March 22, 2010

Hand Dyed Roving

A couple weeks ago I did some hand dyed roving with my cousin. We used Wilton food dyes. I won't detail the whole process here right now for the sake of time. I do have some pictures of the whole process but they are not handy at the moment.
I was going for a green and blue look but for some reason the blue Wilton dye turns purple on roving.

The color it ended up is fine with me though. I think it is quite pretty. There are 4oz. total of this colorway. I started spinning it up last week but I have not completed much.

And yarn for another project or two.

Cascade 220. I think I'll knit a shawl or two.
Keep posted for more pics of dyeing and shawls.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.