Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mossy Moebius Wimple

Mossy Moebius Wimple
Started: September 24, 2009
Finished: September 25, 2009
Isn't this the loveliest wimple ever! Well, I have seen quite a few wimples and cowls that I like. I think almost all of them are lovely. But this one here was a Moebius wimple, and quite the project!

The cast on for this particular wimple is very confusing at first. I originally found the free pattern on Ravelry under the name Cashmere Moebious Cowl. I copied it out, settled down with my needles, and then read in the fine print that I needed to know how to do the moebius cast on which was found in Cat Bordhi's book, "A Treasury of Magical Knitting".

Naturally I do not own that book, nor have I ever heard of it! So I ordered the book from the library. When it came in I spent a good half hour trying to make heads or tails of the crazy cast on technique. But when it finally made sense I found that it was the fastest cast on I have ever done in my life!
The pattern itself was actually quite easy, just a simple lace pattern. I was quite surprised how fast it went. I cast on Thursday evening and bound off Friday evening. Granted I have been sick so I have had a little more time for knitting than usual. But still, it is a very quick knit.


The yarn I used is suri alpaca, and very soft.



Altogether it was a delightful project and I can't wait to make another one. The wimple is actually for my Mother so I shall have to make one for myself in the near future. I love the colour of this one but regretably it has been discontinued.
Oh, this pattern can be found at www.catbordhi.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.