Monday, September 28, 2009

Mossy Mitts

Mossy Mitts
Started: September 26,2009
Finished: September 27,2009
This is the perfect weather for knitting fall accessories! Today it was raining and very cold, and I won't elaborate on what I went through to get these photos.

These are the "Wave Hand Warmers" found in One Skein Wonders:101 Shop Favorites.
I have wanted to try this pattern for a long time now, and I am so glad I did.

I used the leftover yarn from the mossy wimple to make these mitts.

They are soft, warm and simply luxurious!

I'll have to make myself some. These are for Mother, to go with her wimple.
I did alter the design a little bit. If anyone is interested in making them I can give you the notes for how I changed them. Basically I made them longer beyond the thumb hole, and also went down a needle size so they fit better around the palm. Oh, I only did five pattern repeats for the arm, instead of the eight that the pattern called for.

P.S. I did make two of these! But my right hand is kind of tied up holding the camera!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love those. And the color is beautiful too. You mother will surely adore them.

    I'd love the pattern, though I don't know if I could make them...maybe my daughter Bella (18) could, she is better with patterns than I am.

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Mother did like the mitts. Now I need to make myself a pair.

    I am sure that Bella could definately make these. The pattern repeat is simple and straight forward. The only difficult part for some might be working in the round with dpn. But it's not too hard.

    Holly Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.