Monday, June 22, 2009

My New Spindle! And a bit more on the Rachel Purse

I am so excited about my newest spindle. It is a Lacis bottom whorl drop spindle. Simply marvelous! I found it a bit difficult to use at first, just because I was so used to the top whorl. But now that I have been practising on it (as of yesterday) I find that I am liking it very much indeed.
I am spinning with 100% merino top. I find I have had to pre-draft it a bit because it pulls a little harder then I am used to.
But it is a gorgeous color, and I really am liking the way it looks spun up.
















I have done some more work on the Rachel purse. It currently is about a third of the way done. Well, not in this picture, but as of this moment. I have a few pictures further down where it is progressed slightly farther then what is shown here.









Here we are a bit further along. Look at the subtle color stripes! I love this yarn. And it will look quite stunning felted , I have worked with this yarn before, only in a different colorway.


That's all for now. Check back later to see more progress. I have an eager individual haunting my blog to see just when this purse will be done! *wink*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.