Monday, June 15, 2009

Fiber Festival

This past weekend I went to my first ever Fiber Festival! Mother and I were away visiting relatives and it just so happened that there was a fiber festival not far from their house! I was pretty excited to go, it was a new experience for me. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't until I was browseing around that I realized I would probably be able to find some really nice roving here. I have been wanting to purchase some online but I have not got around to it.
Wool rugs crocheted with roving.

I thought this orange shawl was lovely. Unfortunately the price was a little steep for me.






I took this little fellows picture because he was so adorable. There were some Angora goats in the pen that I was trying to get a picture of but they just stood with their faces in the corner.



We saw a variety of spinning wheels, here are just a few. I did find a lady who's spinning wheels were smaller and a little more affordable. I liked the portability of them.



And of course there were all sorts of scrumtious roving, in multitudes of colors.





I'm not sure what all these fibers are, but I thought the basketfuls of fiber looked quite charming.



More roving of various blends. I loved this green color.



A young crafter checking out a possible purchase.


And of course no fiber festival would be complete without animals!





I was hoping to see some alpacas but there were only these three llamas. They didn't look too happy to see me.



Look at all these scrumptious hanks of handspun yarn! What a beautiful sight!



I didn't purchase any yarn, but I did find some nice roving. This lady here had a deal on these 8oz. balls of 70% merino wool/30% alpaca. One for $14 or two for $25. So naturally we got two.


I did finally catch this Angora buck's picture as I headed back to the vehicle. Isn't he adorable?



Some curls from a Wenslydale Sheep.

All in all it was a lovely experience. I came home with plenty of roving, including some lovely andgora that I can not wait to spin up. I am finding that I very much like this fiber festival business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.