Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hurrah! Comfort Shawl & Yarn!

Introducing the comfort shawl! I wish I could say I designed this, that would be most thrilling indeed. However I did not design this. But it is a lovely little shawl pattern. It's actual name is "Peace Shawl" by David Assemany. I purchased it at the yarn shop after seeing a sample knit up. To give an example of how quickly this knits up, when I took this picture here I had only worked on it for about an hour and a half.
It has some elegant eyelet detail along the edging


This was a few days later after I had picked it up again and worked on it a bit more. Notice the design in the back has split off into a v.


Regrettably I just discovered yesterday that somewhere in the last ten rows I made a mistake on the edging. It is the simplest of patterns so there is no reason for making mistakes. Other then sheer carelessness perhaps. I have to tear back today, and there are few things I hate worse.

Some day it will be finished and beautiful. Then I'll post it again. I really need to see if I can find a dressmakers form, it would come in handy for my photo shoots. Not to mention the fact that it might come in useful for sewing!



I've done quite a bit of spinning in the last few days. This is done up with some of the roving that I purchased at the fiber festival. 70%merino/30% alpaca.



It spun up beautifully. I never did take a picture when my spindle was completely full of yarn. It looks rather anemic here.





The color isn't coming out as bright as it really is. The green is more of a bright grass green.


And here are my completed skeins! I still am so sad about the color.



I plied the single strand with the Navajo method to get this three ply yarn. Saturday was the first time I had ever plied, and I find I am quite pleased with the results.

My work basket, all ready for an afternoon of knitting.


And here is my first ever knitted project with yarn I hand spun! I was pretty excited about this!


I am making a little child's vest. I was going to make something for myself but I opted for a small project instead.

This was how far I got before running out of yarn. I knew I'd need about 220yds but I just couldn't wait to see what my yarn looked like knit up.

And that's all for now. I'll try and whip up a few more things over the next few days. I have a lot to do in the next few weeks so I am trying to prioritize and make a list of what needs to get done, and when it needs to get done. Sometimes it can be hard to knit/spin on a deadline. But so far it has been enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.