Thursday, May 28, 2009

Introducing Edith Iris!

Here is the sweet and elegant, Edith! She is very happy to be here at our house. What a lovely little face! I found that I very much enjoyed making her. I think I shall make more dolls in the future.
Up close detail of the tiered skirt. The pattern for this doll originally was designed in such a way that the clothes didn't come off. knowing how little girls like to change their doll's clothes I decided to come up with a dress that would come off.

This is the result.

Mother sewed on Edith's 100% alpaca hair. And she also did her eyes. Right now the mouth and nose are only penciled in because Edith's mama can't decide whether it should be embroidered on or not.
Back detail of Edith's hair. Look at her sitting, admiring the scenery. She is quite oblivious to the fact that her photo is being taken!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.