Friday, May 29, 2009

A Bit of Knitting News and My Visit to the Doctor

Today I swung by the yarn shop and picked three skeins of Cascade Pastaza that I had to order for Aunt Sarah's bag. I am hoping to finish it up this weekend so she can use it next week.
I'd say the bag is about 3/4 done. When the knitting part is finished I will felt it & then line it.

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. I was encouraged how that went. In case some of you don't know I injured my throat on the 2nd of December, 2008. It is a long story how it came about but the gist of it is that I burned the mucus linings of my throat. At least we think that is what happened.
Since then I have been on a liquid diet because my throat can not handle the slightest particle of food without extreme pain and irritation. I went to several doctors, including a highly recommended Otolaryngologist, but none of them had much success in figuring out what was wrong with my throat, let alone how to heal it.
Some friends of ours told us of a Natropathic Doctor who saved their daughter's life when she had an unexplainable illness.
We set up an appointment with him right away and yesterday was my second appointment. At both appointments I have learned an amazing amount of information on the human body and how we can use the natural things on this earth that God has given us, to heal our body. It is amazing what they have learned and can do with Homeopathics, natural remedies, Acupuncture etc.
My throat is gradually healing. There was quite a bit of swelling, an infection of sorts and scar tissue in my throat. This week I am starting on a new medicine to deal with the scar tissue. I'm pretty excited about it all because even though I am getting better slowly, I am getting better. Six months has been a very long time, and sometimes extremely difficult. But by God's grace I am surviving, and getting better.
Well I need to run for now. There is laundry to fold and dishes to do. Then I am going to sit and knit for a bit.
Hopefully when I next post there will be more about knitting. Cheerio for now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Holly! Thank you for stopping by my blog and THANK YOU for letting me know what the beautiful wildflower blooming in the neighboring field is!! I can just imagine huge bunches of this cow vetch with your sweet peas!! What a beautiful bouquet. I'm looking forward to checking out some of your knitting and spinning posts. Love to see people's creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.