Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Day In A Nutshell

Look at these sweet little baby robins! They were in the crook of a tree in my Grandma's front yard. I snapped a few shots of them while they slept peacefully.


Mommy Robin was rather flurried and irate. She did not appreciate my taking pictures of her children even though I was doing it ever so quietly.

However, her being so close and concerned gave me some very nice picture opportunities, which I gladly took.




I am making this little doll as a birthday present for my sister, Hannah. The pattern is from an Australian quilting magazine. Mother picked up some toweling at the fabric store. We were looking for a thick muslin but they did not have any. The toweling worked beautifully though as it looks rather old fashioned.

I sewed the seams on the traced lines and then cut around them with a 1/4" seam allowance.


We had some lovely 100% cotton stuffing that seemed very appropriate for the project. It proved to be a little bit difficult to use however. It kept wanting to go all lumpy, and made it rather difficult to stuff the dolly arms soft and evenly.


At last she was finished. Well, not quite. She still needs facial features and an outfit. Mother is making her hair as I write. And when I am done posting this I will go and whip (hopefully) up a dress for her. I thought about waiting to post her until she was completely finished but I couldn't wait that long.


I played the piano for a bit this afternoon. I need to start practicing for a wedding in August that I am playing for. Plus I am trying to spend more time at the piano then I have been of late. I find I am nowhere near where I would like to be. Today all that I accomplished was some practice time on Chopin's 'Nocturne'.



We rotor tilled a space for the garden this past Saturday. A good chunk of the lawn is now missing but it is worth it considering the vegetables we will get from our garden. I love the feel of dirt between my toes so this afternoon I went outside, kicked off my flip flops and started raking. There are clumps of grass all over the place that need to be raked out. Not to mention a lot of stones, both small and large.



I don't have much going on knitting-wise that you have not already seen. Everything is progressing but certainly not interesting enough to blog about at the moment. However here is a bit of my Shetland lace shawl. I just started it Sunday in the car. I love the pattern, it is fairly simple, but it will be quite beautiful, I am sure. These are my cutesy stitch markers that I picked up on my birthday. Aren't they so pretty?







,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.