Friday, August 3, 2012

Lazy Summer Days

 By lazy summer days I mean the weather. It is hot, humid and everything seems to crawl along. However life is still very busy and does not look to be slowing down anytime soon. Coming up is caring for my Grandmother, House sitting, Fiber dyeing, Fiber festivals....
This morning I did some fiber dyeing for a custom order that came in yesterday. Since I had all of the equipment out I decided to do a little extra. I ended up dyeing a total of 2.25 pounds. I'm looking forward to the fiber drying so I can put up some new listings on my shop.

 The lovely flower shots above were taken yesterday at my Aunt's home. It isn't quite as dry there as it is at our place, so there are still some flowers blooming and the garden actually looks quite nice. The Hollyhocks are almost done for the summer, but I did get a nice photo of the last one or two. The lilies above are doing amazing! Such a bright pink and flourishing nicely.
 Well my project is coming along nicely! I have been at my Grandma's three different times this week as she heals from ankle surgery. We've had the Olympics on and I have had quite a bit of time to knit. I was hoping to enter it in the Ravellenic Games 2012 but I started it a week before the Olympics opening ceremony so it doesn't qualify for any of the categories. They do have a WIP category but it has to be untouched since May 15, 2012. So I am just knitting away and enjoying myself. I can set my own goals without being apart of the Ravellenic Team, though it would have been fun. 
I do want to make another Seaweed Stole but I need the needles that I am currently using on the above knitting. Good incentive to finish, eh?
Speaking of the Olympics I decided to set aside my other spinning project and work on some red, white & blue roving in honor of Team USA! The 2012 London games have been marvelous so far, I am glad I have been able to see some of the events this time around!
Since I just started this spinning yesterday, I can enter my yarn in the Ravellenics spinning category. If I get  in done in time, that is! I'll keep you posted.


Alright, we'll see you later! The track events are on and I am going to take a break from the shop and pull out the above spinning and make some progress!

2 comments:

  1. Your project looks sooo..pretty!! I love the color and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be publishing the pattern this autumn. It will be available for sale on Ravelry.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.