Monday, June 14, 2010

This And That

Hello everyone. I hope you are having a beautiful day! I realize my blogging is rather sporadic and for that I do apologize. The only Internet access I have available at home right now it through the phone. So I am only able to blog when visiting my Aunt, who kindly puts up with my blogging every time I am over to visit. Someday my posts will be in a scheduled,timely manner, but until then, just keep hanging in there and eventually I will get another post up!
Here at home everything is growing like crazy. The corn in the field out back has decided that "knee high by the 4th of July" is not good enough, and is shooting for "waist high by the 4th of July! It is all beyond knee high and I am surprised each time I go out to check on it's growth.

Our personal rows of sweet corn in the garden are behind the field corn. But then again we did plant a few weeks late.




Well, I meant to get a better shot of my store banner but this is the best I could do on such short notice. Sorry...

I did end up using 2 strands of embroidery floss, the cotton thread was looking to weak. My wonderful Mother did almost all of the blanket stitching for me! I was so strapped for time and this was such a great relief to have her do that for me. Thank you Mother!


Oh! A terribly exciting piece of news is that a client of my Dad's gave him a whole alpaca fleece! Gasp! I was so excited and thrilled.
Here is the alpaca, Jimmy. He is 2 years old and Saturday was his first time to be sheared.
The shearer guessed the fleece to weigh about 10 pounds, but we haven't actually weighed it yet.


Look at that gorgeous crimp!
I am looking forward to working with this alpaca fiber. cleaning it, combing it, spinning it, knitting it..... the generous owners of Jimmy will surely be getting some hand spun & hand knit items this fall!
I have been making lambs left and right the last month or so. Here are photos of three of them.

The pattern is by Bev Galask. And I seem to be missing a close up of my light brown lamb.....hmmm. Well, he is my favorite. Maybe next time I'll show him to you.

My Aunt got some more Bard Rock Chicks. We have been trying to gentle them today. They are so sweet and make the most adorable peeping sounds.



And some gorgeous petunias at my Aunt's place. Well, summer seems to be flying buy so fast! Already the fourth of July is around the corner. Perhaps it seems to be going by so fast because I have had a lot going on. I don't know. But this week I plan to slow down a little and just enjoy the lovely weather. I do need to clean my room, it is in a bit of disorder. Just a bit. With all the coming and going the last few months it needs some...help. Enough said.
I also want to dig out a few sewing projects, WIP that I need to get done. Nothing too fantastic, just a couple little jumpers. But it will be nice to be back at the sewing machine.
I'll do some more spinning too. At least those are my plans for this week, Lord willing. But you never know how plans can change overnight.
Thanks for stopping by!
You all take care and enjoy your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.