Monday, June 14, 2010

Spinning News

Two of my resent acquisitions, a mahagony top whorl spindle, and wool/alpaca roving!
My brother gave me the spindle and the roving I picked up at my last fiber fest.

I simply love this colorway. It is quite ME-ish. I plan on making a Scarfigan. The one in the newest Knit Scene.

Stay posted for more pics. I have 8 ounces to spin up, plus a half dozen other projects going on so I am going to take my time on this one. I don't need my beautiful scarfigan until the fall.

And thank you little brother, for this spindle! It is gorgeous! The spindle weighs about 1 ounce and spins super fast, and it doesn't wobble at all.

I spun up Ocean Splendor 2 on my top whorl spindle. As a reminder Ocean SPlendor 2 is one of the corriedale rovings I hand painted. I spun it very fine, and then plied 2 strands togther. It isn't quite lace weight, which is what I was shooting for. But I am happy with it. I have another shawl pattern in "The Knitter's Book Of Wool" that I am going to make for MYSELF! Yay!

I have discovered I LOVE hand painted roving. It has gorgeous color variations in it.


I spun up a 362 yard skein! My personal best on a top whorl drop spindle. :) I am excited to start knitting with this but I have several other projects on the needles.
That's it for spinning news!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.