Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Bit Of My Life Lately

I have rather a limited time to blog, but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to update everyone on whats going on. Seeing as it has been awhile since I blogged some of these photos are a couple weeks old. But no matter. They are still Interesting.
This here is our strawberry patch. I know it doesn't look like much, just a bunch of dandelions. But quite the contrary, this little area is simply chock full of strawberries. They are just in need of some TLC to make them presentable. I am in the process of thinning them, drastically.
I
Here is my first row of transplanted strawberries. I dumped lots of water on them and then it rained. So I believe they are well on their way to flourishing.

The rhubarb is huge. We already cut some of it. I think it needs to be thinned this year.




The flower beds are flourishing. These Hostas are twice as big now from when I took this picture. Aren't they such a healthy sort of green? Quite springy feeling.

When I was at my Aunt's place last week I was looking out the window when this little bird landed on the rail. I hurried away to get my camera and he was still there when I got back! He seemed to enjoy the attention and put on a bit of a show for me.

When I was checking on the tomato plants I noticed all the stems seemed to glisten. They were so pretty I had to get a photo. I didn't know if I could catch it on the camera but I think it turned out well.


And this I just found on May 6th! Aren't they so adorable!? I was walking down in the field and a Robin flew out of the apple tree. She hung around and seemed very upset so I knew there was a nest in the area. I went all around the tree and missed it, but than later found it coming back from a different angle. It was right on eye level and if I stood on my tiptoes I could see in. Today when I went back to check on them one egg was hatched! I didn't have my camera handy though, having gone down to the field for a different reason.


Here is a snippet of my latest shawlette. I am much further than this photo, I only have 16 edge rows to do.



These six batik fabrics I picked up at my LYS. The plan is to use them for lining some small felted clutches I have been knitting for an upcoming fiber fest. The festival is this weekend and I have way too much to do. I am trying not to think about it at the moment, it will stress me out.


I haven't done too much sewing since the wedding. This is a table runner I sewed up a couple months back. It still needs to be quilted but I haven't exactly had the time for it lately.



Amy Butler wall hanging that I sewed last week. The pieces were already cut out so it was just a matter of laying them out in a pleasing manner and then sewing them up.


Oh yes, these are two of the clutches before felting. Mainly made with wool scraps from around the house. I threw in a row of novelty yarn here and there for added interest. I think they turned out beautiful. I didn't take any pictures. Things have been a little crazy with everything I am doing for the festival.

And lastly, my spinning! My sister kindly gave me a ball of her merino roving to spin up.
I had some angora that I had combed last fall. I have been adding it here and there as I spin. It is going to end up being a thick n' thin yarn. Sometime the angora doesn't want to draft like it should. I plan on putting this yarn up for sale at my festival booth.
This week I am going to be doing dyeing. I have almost three pounds of bare Corriedale roving and I cannot wait to see how it all turns out!
I am using the Greener Shades dyes. I'll post pictures later (after the festival) and let you know how it all turned out.














1 comment:

  1. My goodness, you are one busy gal. Love all your projects. I wish I could quilt, that's next on my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.