Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hand spun Yarn

Here is a bit of yarn that I spun a couple months ago. It was a lovely merino roving. I spun it on my top whorl spindle over the course of a week. I loved the way this roving drafted, it was very smooth and didn't break much at all. It was purchased at a local shop in town.

The yarn itself is very soft. I think it is a DK weight, but I haven't checked it too be sure. I am hoping to use it for a Christmas present. We'll see what happens. I am looking forward to posting about all the Christmas gifts I am making. So far I still have a lot of Christmas knitting to do.


Yesterday I ended up having an unexpected drive to into the city. Some of the family was shopping and had car trouble. What I thought would be a quick trip turned into over 6 hours of waiting and driving. A lot of it was waiting so I took the opportunity to do some knitting. Thankfully I had tossed a couple of projects in my purse on the way out the door. This week I need to really put on the steam with my gift making.
We have a tree to decorate this week as well. And I am hoping to put my room in some semblance of order. So far all I have managed to do is get the bed set up. Because we have been so busy, and gone much of the time I have not been able to get settled very well. Right now my room is piled with boxes. I can't wait to make it all cozy and homey looking.
That's it for now. I am hoping to post pictures soon of the fingerless mitts I have been making in the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.