Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Freshly Spun Angora Yarn

I started plying this yarn last night and finished it up this morning. It is so scrumptious, 85%angora/15%merino wool. I bought it at the fiber festival I attended in the summer.
I have no idea how many yards are here yet. I still need to treat the yarn and and then hang it to dry overnight.


I do have a project in mind, but we'll see how much I get first. I have a little bit of roving left from this batch, I also know where I got it as well so I could always buy some more.

It was a fun yarn to spin up because there are a multitude of colour variations within the roving. They ranged from all manner of blues to lavenders, white, and even some green and turquoise. I liked to spin it outdoors because then all the true colours were visible. The pictures don't do it justice. This is a gorgeous yarn!
Too bad my spinning skills aren't more up to par...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.