Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Fun

A week and a half ago my siblings and I went on a 22 mile bike ride with some friends. It was on a trail that I had never been on before, the scenery was beautiful so I took plenty of pictures for the blog. This river was right at the start of the trail.



It was a hot sunny day, perfect for bike riding. There were shaded areas as well as trees along the route so we had a nice variety, and never got too hot.

At a cross road we came to there were a few buildings. They looked forlorn and long unused. I liked the look of this stone house, I think it could be charming with a little bit of work. It needs some flower beds and a few trees.


There also was a huge feed mill. I think it might still be used but I am not sure.




I think altogether we crossed three rivers/streams. It was nice to be out in the countryside and see all the beautiful sights and smell all the wonderful smells.



I've always had a thing for barns and this one standing in the wheat field was just too lovely to pass up. If you look close, there is another one way off in the distance.




All along the way there were different types of wild flowers. I am not sure if they grew there of their own accord or if someone planted them. Regardless, they were beautiful. This was one of the many little poppies we found near the tail end of the trail.


And lastly, a shot of the sunset on the drive home.

It was a lovely day, filled with friends, fellowship, food, ice cream, games, and lots of good memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.