Monday, July 13, 2009

Batik Quilt

My batik quilt is finished! I sewed it up last week and then hand quilted it over a period of three days. The batiks are ones I purchased at our local quilt shop.
Currently it is entered in our local fair.

I forgot to measure it before I took it in, so I am not sure as to what the measurements are. It is a wall hanging, not even big enough to be lap size.



I used a tea dyed muslin for the backing.


Each four patch unit is quilted with a circle.


It has a nice pattern to it. I really like the stars, they stand out very nicely.


Making this little quilt has put me in the quilting mood again. I am going to have to dig up another pattern out of our many quilting magazines and get going on another quilt. I do have a large full size quilt top done. But it is currently awaiting the batting, before it can be quilted.

1 comment:

  1. ooohhhh....everything looks so wonderful. I love seeing all the things you are making. I love the Batik Wall Hanging its GORGEOUS. I can't wait till we can get together again and spin;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.