Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Handmade Books

I made my first handmade book today! Well, I think once when I was little I made a recipe book. But that doesn't quite count. :)
I sure enjoyed myself, it was a lot of fun. In the past I have helped assemble Bibles at a church we used to attend. That was a great learning experience. My job was to attach the cover to the finished book block, then press them overnight. Today as I was gluing on the cover to my hand sewn, project journal, I found myself reminiscing about my Bible making days.
I think book making is something I would definitely like to continue doing in the days ahead. The project from star to finish took about three and a half hours. Now the book is being pressed beneath a stack of encyclopedias. It is there to dry overnight. Tomorrow I am going to decorate the cover with some quotes, definitions, and other small bits of paraphernalia. Hmmm.....these little books would make nice gifts. I'll have to keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.