Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Knitting and a little bit of Spinning

My Thanksgiving knitting and spinning projects! More details to follow soon.  The brown yarn is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Sport, in the Fedora colorway. The multi-colored yarn a skein of kettle-dyed yarn from www.michiganspinning.etsy.com I have been very happy with both these yarns. The yarn on the spindle is a blend I carded this week. I took a random bump  brown roving from the sample pack I purchased this summer and carded it up with angora. It spun up quickly and now I am navajo plying the single. The yarn itself is a brown heather with gold, green, and mauve running through it.

 


This yarn is my first go at lock spinning. I spun up two different colours of dyed Teeswater locks and then plied the single with a commercial lace-weight yarn. I'm not sure yet what I'll make with it. Perhaps crocheted/knitted flowers or other embelishments? 


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the colors in the Teeswater locks, Holly! They're simply stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the color of your yarn. It looks great. Can't wait to see the finished yarn. Cathy M.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.