Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Juneberry Shawl is Finished!

So this seemed to be a long project, but in reality it only involved about six days worth of knitting time. However between the fifth day of knitting, and the sixth, about 4 months went by! The reason being that I ran out of yarn and was waiting to purchase my last skein.

I used Classic Elite:Moorland for this project and was very please with how it turned out.

So with out further ado, here is my June in March Shawl!


Blocking


After blocking.



This is a nice substantial shawl. I love the size, it turned out a little bigger then I was expecting. It will be perfect for wearing on those cold winter days, curled up with my shawl and a cup of tea. What a happy thought.


The edging simply MADE this pattern!


The wingspan is 61". I can't remember the depth right now but if anyone needs to know I can check it.


Up-close of the bobble details.

This is a fast knit for an experienced knitter, but I also have a friend who is making it as her first lace shawl. She's doing great, and is almost done with it!

I would definitely love to make this pattern again. In fact as soon as I bound off I felt like casting on again only in a different color!

I'll keep you posted if I decide to make another Juneberry in the near future.


1 comment:

  1. That is really pretty, I love the edging and the little bobbles....might have to look this one up :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.