Monday, June 27, 2011

A Little Fiber Update

Hello there my friends! I am back with pictures of my finished alpaca/silk yarn! I only spun up 2 ounces so far. I'm not one hundred percent sure on the yarn weight, I haven't measured the WPI, but it looks to be around a fingering weight, 198 yards.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out, it is just what I was hoping it would be. I still have no plans for the yarn. For now it is decoration on the piano.
I used my hand cards to finish prepping the last 2 ounces of alpaca fiber and silk. I haven't started spinning it though. Right now I am trying to clear up some of my other spindles. I have a bad habit of having to many spinning projects going on at one time.

Here I am spinning up merino that I purchased at a recent Fiber Fest. It is a lovely mix of aqua & brown. It is SO soft and lovely! I think it would make a great cowl.
And this bit of spinning is Corriedale. I found a new supplier for Corriedale and thought I should try spinning some up to see if I like what I am selling. So far it is wonderfully soft, and drafts smoothly. The colours are not really "me" but I am sure I will find a good use for the yarn, be it making a gift for someone or perhaps selling it.

And last but not least, my Lillia Hyrna Shawl! It is coming along beautifully, albeit rather slowly. But I don't mind that it is taking me awhile. As I probably said before, knitting with handspun lace is such a luxurious experience. I'm savouring every moment and thoroughly enjoying the process of knitting this shawl.

What about you? I'd love to hear what projects you are working on! Drop me a comment and let me know.

Have a beautiful day, and God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.