Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fiber Updates

As of last night this project is finished. But these are the most recent photos I have, they were taken yesterday afternoon. This is a shawl that I made for my sister. The yarn is Knit Picks 'Palette', and the pattern is my own. It is actually my first triangular shawl and I m very excited to have completed it. I still need to work up all the logistics of it and re-write the chart and instructions.
Right now I have the shawl blocking on my bed, today is more of a damp and over cast day so it's drying slowly. I probably should have blocked it somewhere else, I don't want to have to sleep on the couch tonight!

I had the opportunity to visit an Alpaca Farm this week! It was very exciting and I learned SO much. We were doing a dyeing class, which was so informative, and loads of fun. And of course there was the added benefit of being able to go out and look at, & touch, the alpacas.

The little black alpaca, pictured above, is the youngest alpaca on the farm. He was born in October. He was so cute, and so very soft.


Our whole group chose to hand paint/dye yarn instead of roving. I hand painted mine in this blue/green color and brown. The blue in these pictures came out way too blue, it has more green in it. I have hand painted yarn in this fashion before so that was nothing new, but I learned so much about the Greener Shades Dyes, and I feel more confident concerning my dyeing in the future. In fact I'm itching to get started on some new projects. It was lovely to spend several hours soaking up fiber-related knowledge and getting inspiration for future ideas.

And I'll leave you with a photo of the alpacas heading to the barn for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.