Monday, September 20, 2010

Snuffly Head Cold= Slow Knitting Progress

I am down with a cold this week. Knitting has been rather slow because of that. But I didn't want to bypass the opportunity to pop in and say "hello". So, Hello my friends!
Between drinking mint tea, blowing my nose, and resting on the couch, I did manage to pick up my knitting needles a few times. I am working on a new design. Not sure if this is one I will release for free, or save for selling at a later date. I wish I could share a sneak peak with you but not only is my camera dead(still), but it will also be a Christmas present. It does seem to be growing by leaps and bounds, which makes me very happy. I am still on the first skein and that makes me very happy as well!

The sweet fern mitts progressed by about 4 rows. Maybe I'll get some more done on them tonight, depending on how this cold of mine progresses.
I thought I'd share these beautiful pictures of some old-fashioned roses with you. I took these earlier this summer. It is a nice, final splash of summer sweetness. Autumn is right around the corner. Today was cool, & overcast, with that chilly fall nip in the morning air.
And I think I have said this before, but I am quite prepared to enjoy autumn. Normally I am all about warmer weather. But right now I am really looking forward to everything that cooler weather brings. Gorgeous fall colors, crisp crunchy apples, a steaming cup of tea, hayrides, and not to forget, warm & woolly handknits!
And then there is winter.... but I'll wait to expound on that until the season is a little closer. :)

Okay, it is time to snuggle down with a cup of tea and some knitting, and recover from this cold.
Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.