Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all! Today we visited the church of some old friends. We had not been there in years and it was delightful to be there. They were short a musician and a song leader so I was able to play the piano for the service, and Dad led the singing. It was a nice treat to play their piano as the church has a Yamaha upright baby grand. The message was good. I took lots of notes, I will have to review them this evening. I think we will be going back there for the evening service.
This is most of the knitting that I have been doing the last 4 weeks or so. They are shawlettes, I still need to block them all. Come May I will be participating in a Fiber Festival, Lord willing. I have been working on different projects for that. It has been a little difficult fitting in time for knitting as we have been doing a lot of sewing for my brother's upcoming wedding.
But once the wedding is over I should have about a month to get everything accomplished. I have ideas coming out of my head left and right. Every time I get a new idea I write it down on my list. Otherwise I am sure to forget everything. But back to the shawls. They are a quick knit if you have plenty of time on your hands to do some steady knitting.
Nice four layer cake, eh?

This picture here is the knitting I did last night and this afternoon. My elder brother will be getting married in less then two weeks. We are making all of our dresses and I thought it would be kind of special if each of us gals had an elegant knitted bag to carry a few necessary essentials to the wedding. This particular bag is from "Knitting Little Luxuries." by Louisa Harding. I had to modify it a great deal because it called for chunky yarn and mine was very bulky. The bag is far from finished. I just took a quick in progress picture. It needs to be embellished with several knitted flowers and mother of pearl buttons, as well as a velvet ribbon to draw it shut. I made two little bags last night while watching "The Pianist". The flower I knit this afternoon. The bag can be made in less than an hour, as can the flower. I have a different type of bag in mind for the older gals in the family. But I still need to get to our LYS to find some elegant yarn.
It is making me a little dizzy just thinking of everything that needs to be done in the next ten days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.