Saturday, October 17, 2009

Spinning Update

Not much today. Just a quick post about some of the spinning I have on one of my spindles. My Aunt gave me some raw angora fiber that she purchased at a fiber festival this summer. When Debi was over awhile back I combed some of it up with her combs.
This is at a roadside park that my brother and I stopped at a couple weeks ago. There are 234 step down to the river. The view is lovely, especially in the fall when the colors have changed!

There was all manner of places to take nice pictures. I thought I would include a few of them here.

I find the angora rather difficult to spin. I keep getting little blobby pieces that don't want to draft. The reason might be because I didn't comb it well enough. Or maybe I just don't know how to draft off a rolag. I have only ever drafted off of roving before.
It is a very soft and lovely yarn though. I am not sure what I will make out of it, but whatever it is, it will be quite elegant and warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.