Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm back!

I realize it has been quite a long time since I posted anything. And it has been even longer since I posted any knitting! But I am now back, after being gone a week, and hopefully things will proceed at a more normal pace. I have tons of things to accomplish in the next couple of weeks, I decided in order to fit it all in I need to make a to-do list and follow it closely.
Part of the reason I did not post anything concerning knitting was because I had nothing new to post. But last week I started a pair of socks with my new sock yarn and this is how far I got. It is a spiral bed sock, no heel this time so it should be easy to whip up. The repeats get rather monotonous, I found I could only work on it so long before going stir crazy. As a side note, I rarely wear socks to bed. It has to be bitterly cold out, and even then I am reluctant. Socks are entirely too confining, I feel like my feet are stifled.

With the yarn I hand spun earlier this summer I started an over-the-shoulder caplet/wrap. I was going to say shrug, but that doesn't quite fit the description I am looking for. Hmm....


I am working it on US 17 needles. The pattern never specified how long the needles where supposed to be. I should have got the longer needles, but I didn't, and now all my stitches are squeezed onto these needles, which are way to short. Not to mention the fact that I am just short of the yarn I need and so need to spin up some more.....



I took some more flower pictures recently. I thought I'd put some up for you all to see. I'm rather fond of taking flower pictures (as I am sure you have all gathered by now).




Well, that is it for now.

Oh, I am three rows away from finishing the Peace shawl, so expect some pictures in the near future of it finished and blocked .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.