Friday, May 22, 2009

My First Handspun Yarn

Hurrah! My first skein of hand spun yarn! Granted it is not that even in consistency, and I have no clue how many yards are here, but it is my own. And I am very happy with it. Sorry the picture is blurry, between the cream yarn & the camera I had a difficult time getting a clear, but not overly brilliant, picture. Last night I finished spinning it up. Then I plunged it in hot water for a moment, then in cold water to shock the fibers. I whacked it a few times and hung it in the pantry to dry overnight. I really have no idea what I am doing, I am just following what cousin Debi did. I really need to do some research on spinning, and what to do with the spun yarn etc. I also have no idea how to ply. I feel like there is so much to learn! But one thing at a time.
Now I'm off to spin up some more yarn. Unfortunately I only have a tiny bit more of this roving left. I need to order some soon. I am dying to try spinning in color......it seems like it would be so much fun. Hmm....maybe I will go browse Etsy for roving first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment, I love to hear from my readers!

God bless, and have a beautiful day!

*As a note, I prefer NOT to publish anonymous comments. Please leave your name, email, or ravelry name.